Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Why I was not born to witness history???

Mostly all hates to read histories… but there are some histories which just make you “dream” and say “why dint history repeats again??”

It was JUST 25 years ago on 25th June 1983 when 'Kapil Dev's men of miracles' beat the mighty (that time) West Indies to lift the Prudential World Cup and recorded a glorious day in Indian Cricket history.

In my life I have seen lots of cricket stuff but not witnessed such a sizzling moment. Last year “WE” become Twenty20 Champs in style… It was a best moment I saw till date… (Hope we don’t only celebrate 25th anniversary of this Win!!).

I have seen some AVs of this win and heard from lots of people about this win; this always makes me say “Why I was not born to witness such stunning Victory?? Will I able to see such sparkling moment in my life time or will have to satisfy only on these golden moments??? I hope, the history repeats and I could loudly shout “We are the World Champions!!!” some day.

Three Cheers for those magnificent men, their lure of playing for the nation, and winning the World Cup… Hey God “Why I was not born to witness history???”

No comments: